What is a collection?
On archive.org, a collection is a group of item pages organized under a collections page. It is a collection of items that you have uploaded to the Internet Archive.
You will find your collections here:
How do I create a collection?
Collections can only be created for you by Internet Archive admins.
Because we receive so many requests for collections, it is our policy to only build a collection for users who have a minimum of 50 items (an item is a web page) created on archive.org that are related and of the same media type. Until you have a collection, your items will remain in a public open source collection.
Once you have reached this threshold (minimum of 50 items), please contact us and we will be happy to build a collection for your items.
To create a collection we will need:
1. The email address of the account that uploaded the content.
2. A list of the item links or a search query which will identify only your items.
3. The name and a brief description (to be used on your collection page) of your organization and/or the material housed in the collection.
4. A suggested identifier (the tail of the URL) for the collection page. (Please use meaningful words and it should be 5-80 characters, letters, and numbers only, no spaces or special characters.)
5. At least one Subject tag that describes the collection
6. (Optional) The logo you would like to display in the upper right-hand corner of the collection page and items. Best if it is at least 500p x 500p or, at least 500px wide or high.
7. The archive.org account email address(es) that you would like to have administrative privileges for this collection. (These addresses will be able to upload directly to the collection as well as edit information about the collection).
Once your collection is created, any existing items will be moved to it and you will have admin privileges to upload to it.
Collection requests should be sent to email@example.com.
How do I upload a new item to my collection?
In the upload form, you may click the Collection cell.
If you are logged in with the account that has admin privileges, you should see the title of the collection in the drop-down for you to select.
Can I have items that are different media types in my collection?
This is not ideal, but it is possible.
Typically any upload to a collection will automatically inherit the media type of the collection (texts, movies, audio, software, image, etc.)
If your item is not intended to be the media type of the collection, you may upload it to a public collection and then send a request to move it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here is an email template:
From: [email address of the uploading account]
Please move these items to my collection.
The collection's URL is https://archive.org/details/[yourcollectionid]
Here is a list of URLs of items I wish to have moved: