Where is my account information and how do I change it?
1. Log in to your account
2. Click on your screen name in the top right-hand corner. Click on My Library.
3. Click on Settings.
4. Enter your password under Account Settings and click on Change Account Settings.
5. You can view or change your account information on this form. Be sure to click Change when you are finished.
Want to change your account details? Log in at https://archive.org/account/login.php
I changed my email address and now I can’t access my items. What do I do?
When you change your email address, all your items will still be associated with your old email address.
To have your existing items associated with a new account email address, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your previous email and your new email address.
Here is a sample email template you may use:
|To: email@example.com Subject: Please update my email address Body: Hi, I have updated my email address. Please could you make sure that all the materials associated with my old email address are now linked to my new one? Here are my details: Old email: [your old email address] New email: [new email address] Thank you|
I changed my screen name but the identifier of my account page (my username) did not change. What’s with that?
The identifier of your account page, or your username (@foo), is permanently established when you create your account. It will not change even if you change your screen name.
If I change my screen name will it change on my reviews and forums posts as well?
No. They will retain the screen name you had when you wrote the reviews and/or posts.
How do I add an avatar image to my account or favorites page?
1. Click on your screen name and select My Library from the drop-down menu.
2. Under My Library, simply mouseover the icon
3. Drag & Drop an image or click to Upload an image.
4. Click Submit, wait for the tasks to run and then refresh the page. You should see your new avatar in place of the
Why did my login fail?
If your login in fails, please check the following:
- You are using the email address of your account rather than your screen name.
- You keyed in the email exactly as originally used to create the account.
- The login is case sensitive. Check that your Caps Lock is not engaged.
- If you believe you may not have the correct password, click Forgot your password? An email will be sent to you with instructions to create a new password.
I’ve forgotten my password. How do I reset it?
On the login page, you can click Forgot your password? or go directly to https://archive.org/account/login.forgotpw.php
You will receive an email with instructions on how to reset your password.
Why is my account locked?
Here is an email template that you can use:
|To: firstname.lastname@example.org Subject: My account is locked Body: Hi, I see that my account is locked. I believe this may have been done in error. If it can be unlocked please do so. Thank you.|
How do I delete my account?
Was this helpful?
48 / 43